Our Response to COVID-19
At Arcadia Medi-Dental Group, we put our patients first. The safety and well-being of our patients is our top priority – always. We’re closely monitoring the changing landscape of COVID-19 so that we can make the best decisions to keep our patients and staff safe. We will continue to closely monitor the state and county health departments, the American Dental Association, and the US Centers for Disease Control for updates on the COVID-19 situation. We’re reaching out to assure you that it’s safe to visit our dental office at Arcadia Medi-Dental Group.
We have drastically upgraded our disinfection protocols for our COVID response with new advanced technology, social distancing, PPE, protective barriers, and other precautionary measures.
These are the additional safety measures we are taking:
- Daily health screenings for patients and staff.
- COVID-19 pre-screening before appointments. We will also measure your temperature with an infrared reader.
- Spaced out appointments to limit the number of people in the office at all times.
- All of our dental team members will wear optimal Personal Protective Equipment including N95’s, scrub caps, face shields, gowns, and gloves.
- Hand sanitizer placed throughout our office for patient and staff use.
- Plastic barriers are placed all around the operatory and discarded in between each patient to keep every surface clean. We also block out time in our schedule for enhanced disinfection between each patient.
- Throughout our office, HEPA filters have been installed to constantly clean and purify the air. Our air purifiers are armed with advanced technology that destroys viruses and bacteria. Our Radic8 filters have a 99.9999% kill rate–in a single pass–against viruses similar to SARS-CoV-2 or harder-to-kill, such as Coronavirus DF2 and Influenza virus.
- Extra-oral aerosol vacuums are also used 6-12 inches from patients to reduce droplets during procedures.
Before you enter our office, if you are not comfortable in the waiting room, you can leave your cell phone number and wait in your car until your appointment is ready. Per American Dental Association guidelines, we have removed all magazines, reading materials, and other objects that are not easily disinfected from the waiting room. HEPA air filters have been installed and high touch surfaces will be thoroughly cleaned every hour as part of our enhanced daily sanitizing.
Prior to every procedure, we will ask patients to wash their hands and gargle a solution of hydrogen peroxide. Hydrogen peroxide is an oxidizing agent that kills bacteria and viruses, including the coronavirus.
Coronaviruses are enveloped viruses, meaning they are one of the easiest types of viruses to kill with the appropriate disinfectant. We will clean and disinfect public areas such as chairs, bathrooms, and door-knobs frequently.
If you experience any COVID-19 symptoms, we ask that you stay home and reschedule. Additionally, please reschedule if someone in your household was sick in the last 2 weeks.
At Arcadia Medi-Dental Group, we’re taking proactive steps so that our patients have a safe, clean care environment for all their dental needs. If you’re an older adult or have underlying medical conditions, we’ll see during a slower time of day. We are here for you, and we welcome you to reach out to us regarding any concern about your visit.
Give us a call at 626-515-8090 to schedule your safe visit!